What Makes SoftLayer Different?Posted by Lance Crosby in Executive Blog, SoftLayer
I often get asked “what makes SoftLayer different?” The problem with that simple question is – SoftLayer is so different from all the competition out there that it’s not a simple question to answer. I have my standard version that I run thru – but I’m not sure people really grasp how different SoftLayer really is. After talking to my wife, she recommended doing a Letterman style top 10 reason why SoftLayer is different. I figured I would give it a shot – so here it is..
- SoftLayer terminates 40Gbps to every single rack!! 20Gbps to the public internet and 20Gbps to the private network.
- SoftLayer offers three types of VPN services for out-of-band connectivity (SSL, PPTP, IPSEC)
- SoftLayer manages its own nationwide MPLS network with 10 PoPs and over 1000Gbps of transit and peer connectivity
- SoftLayer offers free enterprise grade DNS services through our DNS farms located in all 10 PoPs in North America
- SoftLayer has over 1600 APIs for custom integration, a full service control panel for ease of use and a private label option for resellers
- Every single server in every datacenter is a rackmount, hotswap, tool-less chassis offering enterprise grade hardware with ultra-fast modifications
- SoftLayer has downloadable iPhone, Android and Blackberry apps in addition to our mobile phone friendly .mobi site for complete control.
- Only hybrid solution available – dedicated, virtualized, and cloud instances operating in a single environment and control thru a single interface or API
- Private Network – connect any server to any other server in any datacenter with a click of a button
- Fastest service delivery
- Over 1000 servers in stock
- Dedicated servers – 4 hours or less
- Servers with virtualization – 2 hours or less
- Cloud instances & storage – 5 to 15 minutes
- Firewalls, Load Balancers, SAN Storage – added real time w/ no downtime