Global Expansion: Singapore Nearing CompletionPosted by Todd Mitchell in Executive Blog, International, SoftLayer, Technology
In early September I shared with you a progress report on our first international data center in Singapore. It should be no surprise that our build out has been moving at breakneck speeds. In the last couple of weeks we’ve:
- Completed the construction of our new regional office in Singapore
- Built out 3 network PoPs (Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore)
- Unloaded 4 x 40 foot ocean containers
- Received over 100 pallets of equipment and gear – with more to come
- Assembled 220 custom server cabinets
- Installed 120 customer facing switches (5,760 switch ports)
- Provisioned petabytes of new shared storage waiting for your data
We’re also ecstatic to have our new Singaporean employees burning the midnight oil with us. We spent countless hours interviewing for a number of positions in Singapore and we’ve only hired the most talented, brightest stars that we could find. Everyone has fit right in, loves the culture and they’re rocking it. We still have a bunch of open positions – if you’re interested, drop us a note.
As our go-live date approaches we’re putting the final touches on the data center. One last check to ensure all cables are seated correctly in their ports, double check the configurations on our internal equipment, light the network and have our first ever international truck day – although, we might have to call it ocean container day.
I’ve included some pictures below that I took over the last couple of days showing the progress of the data center build out. Expect a full set of pictures once everything is live.