Through the ongoing (and free!) Big Data Academy, SoftLayer and Cloudant have teamed up to help you learn more about deploying big data workloads in the cloud, optimizing your infrastructure environment, and capitalizing on the value of your data via a series of free webinars and workshops.
But we know some of you prefer learning at your leisure, so we’re recapping our Big Data Academy webinars just for you. Last week, we brought you the first of our Big Data Academy webinar rewind series, “Always Be Open for Business with Cloud Solutions for E-commerce.” This week, we’ll be talking hybrid cloud: security, building and establishing trust and compliance, and enabling a hybrid computing environment.
Watch the webinar below:
Stay tuned for the next Big Data Academy webinar rewind, where we'll tackle the challenges and present the solutions to gaming and mobile app development.
By the way, are you in Europe this summer? The Big Data Academy is backpacking across the continent, with free in-person workshops in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Paris, and Helsinki throughout June and July. Register now and top off your summer vacation with a free European workshop. (Bonus: All workshop participants will receive a special offer up to $1,250 per month for six months on SoftLayer.)
- [00:00:04.00] Introduction of Karunakar Bojjireddy, SoftLayer Security Product Manager
- [00:00:45.00] Overview of SoftLayer
- [00:02:55.00] The SoftLayer definition of "cloud"
- [00:05:52.00] The SoftLayer difference
- [00:06:58.00] Hybrid cloud and security
- [00:10:32.00] Building trust and compliance in the cloud
- [00:11:51.00] Intel TXT technology on SoftLayer
- [00:13:27.00] Establishing trust using Intel TXT/TPM
- [00:17:55.00] Platforms using TXT/TPM and enabling the hybrid environment
- [00:22:33.00] How trusted computing pools work in an OpenStack environment
- [00:25:39.00] Example: the United States government
- [00:28:35.00] Questions and conclusion