If you’ve been watching @SoftLayer and following our posts on Facebook, you know that we’ve been spreading the holiday spirit by giving away “swag bags” to our social networks. At this point, we’ve shipped packages full of SoftLayer goodies to exotic locations like Germany, New York City, India, Southern California, Ireland, Brazil and Flower Mound, TX.
For our first few giveaways, we asked our followers to post a phrase like “I love @SoftLayer! They’re Bigger, Better, Badder. For hosting that rocks: http://softlayer.com/.” We got a great response, but that task was a little too easy. To make the next set of giveaways a little more challenging, we started asking SoftLayer Trivia questions and rewarding the first correct responder. The content of the questions spanned the spectrum from SoftLayer-specific facts to off-the-wall esoteric trivia.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- At Parallels Summit in Feb, four SoftLayer employees caught something. What was it and how has it been used?
- A SoftLayer executive shares his name with a Houston-based rapper. Who is he?
- What is SoftLayer’s ASN? What is the server capacity of our Dallas facilities? IPv6 addresses are how many bits?
- The SoftLayer “3 Bars” logo is based on a seven-layer model. What is it? What are the seven layers? What is the most common protocol you hear of from it?
- In the holiday song “The Twelve Days of Christmas,” what did “my true love” give to me on Day 11?
What kind of swag are we talking about here? I thought you’d never ask:
As you can see, we’re not just sending out pens and paperweights.
Don’t be sad if you’re just now learning about these giveaways … As it turns out, this blog post is your opportunity to get in on the action. Last week, we teased the idea of a “Social Media” adventure, and here it is.
The first ten participants to complete all of the tasks below win their very own swag bag.
- Leave a comment on this blog post telling us which one of our data center locations you’d choose for your next server and why.
- Visit our Facebook page and leave a post on our wall with your favorite feature of SoftLayer’s offerings
- Post a Tweet that includes “@SoftLayer is awesome” and #socialmediaadventure
- Click through to the YouTube page for the video above and leave a comment on it like “SoftLayer’s hosting rocks!”
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your blog comment author name, Facebook name, Twitter handle and YouTube username so we verify you’ve completed the adventure.
If you’ve had a tough time finding that perfect present for the person who has everything, the SoftLayer swag bag might be exactly what you’re looking for. Instead of circling the mall for half an hour looking for a parking spot, you’ll complete our challenge in about five minutes, and your SoftLayer gear will be on its way to you.
On your mark. Get set. GO!