The world of big data applications is a nebulous one; to say a lot is expected of these apps is the understatement of the year. Their workloads are massive, their challenges are many, and their infrastructure solutions must be tailored to support the amount of work they do.
But where big data workloads raise big questions, the cloud has big answers. Through the Big Data Academy, SoftLayer and Cloudant have joined forces to help you learn more about deploying big data workloads in the cloud, optimizing your infrastructure environment, and capitalizing on the value of your data via a series of free webinars and workshops.
What if you weren't able to catch any of the free webinars or workshops this time around? You're in luck: we'll be presenting them here in a three-part series you can watch, pause, rewind, and replay at your leisure.
Our Big Data Academy webinar series rewind kicks off by teaching you how to make the cloud work for those big data applications in the land of e-commerce. In short, you’ll learn how to optimize while you monetize.
Watch the webinar below:
Stay tuned for the next Big Data Academy webinar rewind, where we'll talk all about security in the hybrid cloud. Better yet, if you find yourself in Europe this summer, the Big Data Academy has gone backpacking across the continent, with free in-person workshops in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Paris, and Helsinki throughout June and July. Register now and top off your summer vacation with a free European workshop. (Bonus: All workshop participants will receive a special offer up to $1,250 per month for six months on SoftLayer.)
- [00:00:43.00] Introduction of Harold Smith, SoftLayer Director of Sales Engineering
- [00:1:00.00] The history of SoftLayer and its relationship to the cloud
- [00:4:26.00] The SoftLayer definition of "cloud"
- [00:8:40.00] Why choose SoftLayer?
- [00:10:33.00] Cloud solutions for common big data challenges in e-commerce
- [00:12:09.00] SoftLayer cloud advantages for e-commerce
- [00:13:24.00] Big data solutions optimized on SoftLayer
- [00:15:33.00] Customer success stories: Tiket.com and HotelsCombined.com
- [00:18:18.00] Why choose Cloudant on SoftLayer?
- [00:20:24.00] Introduction of Glynn Bird, IBM Cloudant Developer Advocate
- [00:21:14.00] The state of the digital world
- [00:22:43.00] Which database should you use to build your app?
- [00:25:00.00] Introduction to IBM Cloudant
- [00:27:32.00] Cloudant deployment options
- [00:29:07.00] Why do e-commerce businesses use Cloudant?
- [00:29:11.00] Elastic cloud scalability
- [00:32:53.00] Data synchronicity
- [00:34:48.00] Geo-mobility
- [00:34:25.00] Freedom and fluidity of deployment
- [00:36:46.00] Customer success story: GreenMan Gaming
- [00:38:46.00] Cloudant for e-commerce
- [00:41:10.00] Questions and conclusion