SoftLayer has a unique culture. As SLayers, we get company-inspired tattoos, we outfit ourselves (and our families) in SoftLayer gear, we take part in goofy videos, and every now and then, someone gets a shower of 10,000 bouncy balls.
Our company culture is no accident; it has grown organically from the day SoftLayer was born, and the executive management team has been instrumental in showing that it's okay to have fun when you're at work ... and the company's phenomenal growth speaks to that philosophy's success. The latest example of tomfoolery came in the form of customized bobbleheads of many of members on the SoftLayer management team:
Because we happened to have ten extra sets of these bobbleheads, we thought some of our customers might enjoy building a collection of their very own. If you places a new order in the next few months and you're one of the first ten SoftLayer customers to email your order information to the social media team at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'll send you that month's "Bobblehead Bonus":
- February 2012 - Lance Crosby, Chief Executive Officer
- March 2012 - Tom Blair, Senior Vice President Global Sales
- April 2012 - Nathan Day, Chief Scientist
- May 2012 - Duke Skarda, Chief Technology Officer
- June 2012 - Sam Flietman, Chief Operating Officer
- July 2012 - George Karidis, Chief Strategy Offcier
To keep everyone on the same page, here are the "official rules":
- One Bobblehead Bonus per SoftLayer account per month.
- Order must be placed in the same month the bobblehead is requested.
- Bobblehead Bonus request email must be sent to email@example.com and it must include your SoftLayer account number, order number and the shipping address you'd like us to use.
- The bobbleheads will be awarded on a first-emailed, first served basis.
- Only 10 bobbleheads are available each month.
If the set I have in my office window is any indication, having a complete SoftLayer bobblehead collection will make you the envy of all of your friends and coworkers. The idea behind this fun little giveaway is to reward you for being an engaged, loyal SoftLayer customer.
Let's be honest ... You've probably been on the fence about ordering a new cloud instance or dedicated server, so what more do you need to hear than "Free SoftLayer Bobblehead" to get you to pull the trigger?
P.S. We've also got a few bobbleheads earmarked for employees who contribute to the SoftLayer Blog. If you're a SLayer and you want your own set of bobbleheads, you better start writing!