I am not ashamed to say that I own both the Slanket and the Snuggie. I got the Snuggie as a gift last year, and I purchased the Slanket for myself a couple of months ago (only partly because of the cool SL name). The Slanket turned out to be a WAY better product. As I sat on the couch with my Slanket and my kitten Linux, I started drawing these hilarious and uncanny parallels between the Slanket and my company, SoftLayer. Once I got started, I just couldn’t stop:
- The Slanket is bigger, and thicker. The fabric of the Slanket is far more robust, and doesn’t start “pilling” immediately. It’s designed for constant and vigorous use, and will last me a very long time before wearing out.
- There are more buying options with the Slanket – they come in different sizes and many more colors (including a shade that’s *almost* SoftLayer Red), so there’s a Slanket for every need.
- The Slanket has a better name – Sleeves + Blanket = Slanket. I’m not likely to talk about my “Snuggie” to my peers, because … well, I’m not a 4-year old.
- While the Slanket is a bit more expensive, it is a far superior product. In the Blankets-With-Sleeves industry, you seem to get what you pay for.
- I used the Contact Us form on the Slanket website to talk to their SLales team, and got great, personalized service, and a discount! Btw, the owner’s email address is also available online, which shows that he is involved in the day to day operations, and wants to hear from you.
Does any of this sound familiar? These are the same things people love about SoftLayer. I am a very proud SLanket customer. A++ would buy again.